Friday, June 17, 2011

George Washington and Service To Our Troops


It has been a busy week with preparations for my up coming trip to Washington D.C. for N.S.D.A.R. Continental Congress. This picture is truly one of my favorites from my shoot of the occassion of the flag raising at Genesee for Flag Day 2011. In all the reading I do, of George Washington I always come away with a deep respect for this man. He cared so very much for the welfare of his troops. True, these are reinactors in this picture above, but these are also members of the Colorado Society Sons of The American Revolution. They also know, and have studied the man who led our country to liberty. 


George Washington once said, "We will be remembered by how we treat our veterans." No words are truer. This weekend I help my Chapter, Colorado Chapter N.S.D.A.R. help an organization called Homes for Our Troops build an adaptive home for a disable returning veteran. His name is SGT Latseen Benson. This is my fourth build. I give my time because of General Washington, I serve a veteran. I believe it is the right thing to do for my country. 






There are new homes being built for severely injured veterans around our country. If you are interested in contributing time, skill or money to an outstanding organization which promotes the values our country was built on, then please take the link below and find out more about Homes For Our Troops. You will be rewarded with service you will be proud to give.






No comments: